Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation (BDCC)
Job Title: Administrative & Office Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Program Objectives & Requirements:
BDCC is looking for a candidate who will serve as its Administrative and Office Specialist. This position will support company operations by maintaining office services, organizing office operations and procedures, and taking on the role as the ‘face of the organization’ providing assistance to support customers and external stakeholders. The Administrative & Office Specialist will report to the Executive Director and work under the direction of the Director of Finance & Grant Management.
Joining BDCC as its Administrative & Office Specialist affords the opportunity for a person to touch all aspects of the organization, and to have a direct impact in the support of the overall mission: to build a vibrant regional economy. This position will allow for unique work on a daily basis, requires a strong work ethic, professionalism, and a diverse skill set (i.e. administrative, analytical, attention to detail, communication, technology, financial, leadership and social skills).
BDCC, is a private, nonprofit economic development organization that serves as a catalyst for industrial and commercial growth throughout Southeastern Vermont. The primary objective of the BDCC is to create and retain a flourishing business community that supports vibrant fiscal activity, and improves the quality of life of all of its residents. As such, all BDCC employees are integral in assisting the organization to reach its objectives. All staff are expected to participate in professional development activities led by the Executive Director as well as pursue opportunities individually. The organization relies on all staff to help attend community and business meetings across the county. Additionally, all staff are encouraged to publish professional papers establishing themselves, and the organization, as leaders in economic development in Southern Vermont. Participation in these activities by all BDCC staff is critical to the BDCCs success.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Office Support:
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems, and monitoring clerical functions;
- Point person for mailing, shipping, supplies, and errands.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide office operations.
- Answer phone, serve as initial point of contract for professional / tenant visits, inquires, etc. First person to be encountered at BDCC!
- Account for and stock office, meeting and kitchen supplies; and
- Ensure overall cleanliness of office, and corporate business areas.
Executive Director | Director Level Support:
- Assume responsibility for Executive Director administrative duties;
- Coordination and planning of executive level schedule.
- Assistance with, development of, and follow thru on tasks, following up on phone activities, mail, email and calendar items.
- Organize, schedule and follow up on business meetings and appointments.
- Production and distribution of correspondence;
- Memos, letters, email and forms.
- Monthly expense reports.
- Bi-Weekly Time Sheets.
- Regional Development Corporation (RDC) reports and bi-monthly Board reports.
- Special reporting as assigned.
- Creation of presentation materials: PowerPoint slides, presentation materials, proposals and reports;
- Develop and maintain a filing system for organization’s file room and electronic files; implement records retention policies and ensure weekly filing is complete and accurate;
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Assist in other support service activities as assigned.
Business System Support:
- Point person for office equipment (i.e. phone system, IT equipment, copier, etc.);
- Manage contract renewals | negotiation with office vendors, and service providers;
- Coordinate use of, and proficient use of, Instig8 Audio Visual System, conference call coordination, and provide hands on support of all office related systems;
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment: furniture, computers, printers, & phone (etc.);
- Meeting space coordination and scheduling.
Financial Management, Budget Assistance:
- Administer daily mail, maintain deposit log, make deposits, and communicate necessary accounting entries with Business Administrator;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Perform detailed work in assisting in the preparation of and review of BDCC, and related companies, annual budgets and long range forecast(s);
- Responsible for, and maintaining of A/R & A/P files, vendor set up and compliance;
- Support other financial management activities as assigned.
Real Estate Assistance:
- Coordination with Real Estate Manager on tenant communications, questions, and concerns; timely follow up on open tenant matters;
- Lease Issuance Coordination;
- Support of Tenant Operations (i.e. package notification, fob issuance, mailbox set up, special requests and associated billings);
- Propertyware Administration – issuance and reconciliation of monthly rent rolls, capital project tracking, notification of upcoming tenant renewals, and development | implementation of new tenant checklists); maintenance of electronic and hard copy tenant files.
Special Project Assistance:
- Coordinate monthly, semi-annual and annual Board / Member meetings in coordination with point person (i.e. print & mail invitations, order awards, track RSVPs, take attendance, & organize meeting room set up and catering, as needed);
- Maintain Member Database;
- Coordinate special events, as needed;
- Prepare Board room for monthly meetings (i.e. purchase food/beverages, set up, etc.);
- Support all fun organizational events as needed.
- Represent the BDCC at business and community meetings throughout the year; meetings are often at night and located across the county;
- Maintain current understanding of organization’s activities and able to represent organization as needed;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, professional development and community outreach;
- Publish commentary, opinion editorials, and blogs demonstrating personal and organizational growth.
- Mission driven – “you need to care”;
- Three (3) years of work experience and a strong interest in providing high quality administrative support to a professional team;
- Associate’s Level degree preferred, but not required;
- Ability to assess a situation and use judgement when problem solving;
- Skilled user of MS Office, and comfortable learning new systems and web-based applications;
- Use of office systems and related equipment;
- Experience and comfortable working with numbers;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Strong document management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well independently and with a team;
- Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and results – oriented work process;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion;
- Professional demeanor, integrity, tact, good judgment and sense of ownership;
- Dependability; and
- Sense of humor
Work is generally performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions, multiple deadlines, applicant inquires, and peak workload periods. Position will require attending a weekly staff meeting, and daily collaboration. The position requires a schedule of work of 40 hours per week including evening meetings, as needed.
Work may include prolonged sitting, as well as light to moderate lifting, reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing, manual dexterity, clear speech, visual and hearing acuity. The need to transport files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required.
Interested parties having the required qualification / experience should send a cover letter and their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. No phone calls please.