Employer: VHCB AmeriCorps program at Windham & Windsor Housing Trust
Location: Brattleboro, VT
Duration: 9/9/2020 – 8/13/2021
Pay Rate: $11.86/hr plus education award of $6,195 upon successful completion of service
Benefits: health insurance, federal school loan forbearance, and various training and
Hours Per Week: 40
Windham & Windsor Housing Trust:
VHCB AmeriCorps program supports the innovative dual-goal approach to creating stable affordable housing opportunities for Vermont residents while preserving the natural and working landscape. VHCB AmeriCorps is a national service program that places members with non-profit housing or land and energy conservation organizations around the state.
Organization Mission and Goal of Position:
1. Nurture a strong foundation in credit and money management skills to facilitate successful housing
2. Help potential homeowners obtain the dream of homeownership
• Learn the overall workings of WWHT and the HomeOwnership Center to develop an understanding of the various housing options; with a special emphasis to learn the intricacies and value of homebuyer education and financial capabilities programs. Provide basic information to people wanting information about Home Education.
• Organize the logistics for educational groups including coordinate locations in the two county region, arrange guest speakers, prepare workshop materials, assist with updating materials and forms, inform partners, community members and customers of events and education opportunities.
• Assist with facilitation of regular monthly workshops and special groups. Play key role by answering customer questions, help with registrations, schedule participants, send confirmation information, coordinate event logistics, site setup, and present at workshops/orientations.
• Research, perform, and compile testimonials with interviews and photos of customers and partners
• Helping with related program paperwork, filing, data entry, data tracking, phone calls, and calculations relevant to service position.
• Be US citizen or have permanent resident status;
• Be at least 18 years of age upon entering the Pre-Service Orientation or 17 years of age with verified parental permission;
• Be a high school graduate, have a GED certificate, or be willing to work towards a GED as part of the service-term. A member cannot have dropped out of high school to join AmeriCorps.
• Have taken at least one college course in the last 18 months;
• Has not been convicted of murder or sexual assault and is willing to undergo an National Service Criminal History Check;
• Be committed to the VHCB AmeriCorps program’s ethic of service and personal and professional development of its participants;
• Have the ability and enthusiasm to drive to, attend, and participate in all required trainings and events, and be prepared to drive up to 2-3 hours each way.
• Available to regularly serve 40 hours per week
Service occurs both in an office environment as well as in the community, in Windham, and Windsor counties. Having your own vehicle and serving on some nights and weekends are required.
Position begins September 9th, 2020 and ends August 13th, 2021
This position is Full Time: Requires 1,720 hours for an average of 40 hours per week for 48 weeks. Member will receive a living allowance of $20,400 (pre-tax), and an education award of $6,195 (pre-tax) upon successful completion of service.
This position does have recurring access to vulnerable populations (youth, persons over 60, individuals
For questions about this position or to send additional materials:
Bruce Whitney, Director of Homeownership, email@example.com