Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation (BDCC)
Reports to: Director of Programs
Job Title: Community-Based Learning and Flexible Pathways Specialist
Program Objectives & Requirements
BDCC is looking for a candidate to “kick off” its new workforce education initiative, and in partnership with all four Windham County Supervisory Unions (school districts). The project focus is to create alternative and flexible pathways for attaining academic credit through expanded and integrated experiential, project, and work-based learning opportunities. This program is supported by the McClure Foundation, The Vermont Community Foundation, the Agency of Commerce and Community Development, the Department of Labor, and the Vermont Training Program.
The Community-Based Learning and Flexible Pathways Specialist will work collaboratively with high school faculty, administration, as well as regional employers, to develop systems and tools to increase access to the aforementioned opportunities for all students as enabled under the State of Vermont Act 77. The first year of this position will be building the program based on existing and new partnerships meeting previously defined outcomes articulated by funders and regional economic priorities.
BDCC, is a private, nonprofit economic development organization that serves as a catalyst for industrial and commercial growth throughout Southeastern Vermont. The primary objective of the BDCC is to create and retain a flourishing business community that supports vibrant fiscal activity, and improves the quality of life of all of its residents. As such, all BDCC employees are integral in assisting the organization to reach its objectives. All staff are expected to participate in professional development activities led by the Executive Director as well as pursue opportunities individually. The organization relies on all staff to help attend community and business meetings across the county. Additionally, all staff are encouraged to publish professional papers establishing themselves, and the organization, as leaders in economic development in Southern Vermont. Participation in these activities by all BDCC staff is critical to the BDCCs success.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research, map existing and build new relationships; and facilitate deeper connection between the education system, employers, and the private sector in Windham County;
- Regional and Statewide education policy research;
- Attend and/or facilitate regular meetings with educators and administrators;
- Develop employer-based proficiency – based grading rubrics for alternative learning opportunities; and
- Work closely with private sector partners to develop long-term educational pathways.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Workforce Development best-practices;
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal);
- Proven organizational skills & self-initiative;
- BA or BS in Education (required);
- Curricula design and integration experience;
- Endorsements in Career Technical Education (17 or 73), Work-Based Learning (60), or equivalent out-of-state licensing preferred. Additional Vermont licensing may be required;
- Collaborative problem-solver;
- Familiarity with Vermont education system & government, including Act 77 and/or Personalized Learning and Proficiency-Based Grading; and
- Experience working with or in the Private Sector.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions, multiple deadlines, applicant inquires, and peak workload periods. Position will require attending a weekly BDCC | SeVEDS staff meeting, weekly meetings with education and employer partners, extensive travel to participating schools, and regular meetings with regional employers in locations throughout Southern Vermont. The position requires a schedule of work of 40 hours per week including evening meetings, as needed.
Work may include prolonged sitting, as well as light to moderate lifting, reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing, manual dexterity, clear speech, visual and hearing acuity. The need to transport files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required.
Interested parties having the required qualification / experience should apply for this job online at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?2963928.