Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation (BDCC)
Job Title: Maintenance Support Staff
Reports to: Real Estate Manager
Program Objectives & Requirements
BDCC is looking for a candidate who will serve as a member of its Maintenance Support Staff to help with the daily operations and maintenance of its Commercial Real Estate: currently Business Park, Cotton Mill, and Exit One Industrial Park.
BDCC owns and manages two business parks/incubators and an Act 250-approved industrial park in Brattleboro, offering low-cost, viable rental space. The BDCC Business Park is located at the former Book Press building off of Putney Road in North Brattleboro, and BDCC is also the owner and manager of the Cotton Mill industrial park just south of downtown Brattleboro off South Main Street. The Exit One Industrial Park was the first project owned and managed by BDCC. The industrial park was built on land along Interstate 91 that BDCC purchased in the 1980s, currently BDCC still owns one of the buildings at the Exit One site, which is currently leased. The industrial park is currently home to 7 local businesses, and has access to municipal water and sewer facilities.
The Maintenance Support Staff person will be responsible for helping maintain clean, attractive and well-functioning buildings. The Support person will also assist the Maintenance Supervisor with any special building projects such as wall build-outs or door replacements.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Building & Property Operations:
- Provide friendly and polite basic maintenance, as approved to tenants.
- Clean and maintain properties.
- Help coordinate building repairs with vendors.
- Be on-call for property and building emergencies.
- Daily, monthly, yearly walk-throughs to ensure clean, safe and well-functioning buildings.
- Experience in commercial building maintenance or general construction.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Manual dexterity and knowledge of maintenance tools and equipment is helpful.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle are required; Frequent Travel in Brattleboro.
Work is generally performed on-site, both inside and outside the properties, and will require an individual to spend a large part of their day working at various properties. Work hours are generally during the day, however some weekend and evening work may be required to deal with emergencies. The position requires a high level of contact with people, including BDCC staff, tenants, and tradespeople, and the ability to work in all types of weather.
Work may involve heavy lifting, reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing, manual dexterity, clear speech, visual and hearing acuity. The need to lift items weighing up to 40 pounds and to work high up on ladders, scaffolding, and scissor lift is also required.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and their resume via email to James Walker, Real Estate Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to BDCC; 76 Cotton Mill Hill; Brattleboro, Vermont 05301.