- This event has passed.
Making Fund Finding Fun: A Three-Part Grant Writing Workshop
November 18, 2020 - November 20, 2020$35
Join SVEP for their second grant writing workshop. This workshop is back by popular demand! The workshop will be broken into three days. You can sign up for one day, two days, or all three depending on where you are at in your grant writing knowledge and practice.
This grant writing workshop provides concrete, practical guidance for preparing successful grant proposals. The workshop will address how to organize proposals; develop clear goals, objectives and tasks; and build a compelling case to effectively “sell” programs to funders.
When you register, you’ll be asked which sessions you’ll be attending. You’ll also receive a pre-workshop survey that will ask questions on the project and grant application that you’ll be bringing with you to the workshop (if applicable).
Please be sure to read the descriptions for each day, as you will be asked to indicate which days you’ll be attending when you register.
Trainer: Anne Lezak, ADL Consulting
Day 1: November 18th, 1-4:30 pm
- Basic Tenets of Proposal Writing
- Making Your Case: Using Data
- Making Your Case: Telling Your Story
- Goals and Objectives
- Developing Project Goals Breakout Session; Share and Critique
- Wrap-Up; Q & A
Day 2: November 19th, 9 am-12:30 pm
- Brief Recap of Goals and Objectives
- Developing Measurable Outcomes
- Creating Tasks to Carry Out Objectives
- Creating Tasks Breakout Session; Share and Critique
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Tips and Tricks
- Q & A and Closing
Day 3: November 20th, 8:30-9:30 am (presentation)
- You Got the Grant! Now What?: Grant Management, Jen Stromsten, BDCC
Day 3: November 20th, 10 am- 4 pm (Individual TA Sign Ups)
Meeting You Where You Are: Individual sign up slots for grant writing technical assistance with experts
- One hour time slots to receive one-on-one technical for your project and grant from an expert
- If you indicate that you would like to participate in this portion of the workshop, you will receive a form to sign up for a specific time slot between 10 am and 4pm.