Last week, the Southern Vermont Economy Project 2.0 sent out a postcard to every town in southern Vermont announcing upcoming workshops and webinars. Below you can see a list and links to more information and registration.
The SVEP 2.0 provides webinars, small conferences, mini-summits, technical assistance and training to help advance local economic and community development projects that are critical to prosperity in rural Southern Vermont. Sometimes all it takes is one successful project in a community to spark positive change. Southern Vermont does not lack great ideas, but we can all use a little help! SVEP 2.0 helps organizations turn great ideas into effective projects, with sustainable funding successful implementation and management.
If you are a local volunteer, non-profit or local leader, please join us! The SVEP trainings and webinars are for you!
- Knowledge Bites Webinar: Municipal Engagement for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Tool Kit (Virtual, October 27th, 12-1 pm)
- The Local Solutions and Community Action Team of the Vermont Governor’s Economic Mitigation and Recovery Task Force created the this toolkit as an aid to municipalities and local leaders who are looking to expand the vibrancy of their communities. The ideas and recommendations in the toolkit come from Vermonters and in many cases have been implemented with success in communities throughout our state. SVEP will be joined by Jude Smith Rachele of Abundant Sun, who serves on the Local Solutions and Community Action Team and is a co-author of this toolkit. Please join us to learn how your municipality can improve their efforts to promote a welcoming and inclusive spirit in their communities.
- Knowledge Bites Webinar: Funders Roundtable, a Primer to the SVEP Grant Writing Workshop (Virtual, November 13th, 12-1pm)
- Join SVEP and a slew of funders to hear about what grants are currently available and what they’re looking for in the applications. This event will be updated as funders are added to the agenda. This webinar is a primer to the SVEP Grant Writing Workshop which will be in Mid November (Date TBD). If are not able to make this webinar, all webinars are recorded for you to watch at your convenience.
- Making Fund Finding Fun: A Three-Part Grant Writing Workshop (Virtual, November 18th, 19th, and 20th, 2020)
- Join SVEP for their second grant writing workshop. This workshop is back by popular demand! The workshop will be broken into three days, each day with a presentation and small group component. You can sign up for one day, two days, or all three depending on where you are at in your grant writing knowledge and practice. Mark your calendar and check back in for registration and more details.
- Knowledge Bites Webinar: Integrated Property Tax Management System Upgrade Project, (Virtual, December 17th, 12-1 pm)
- Join SVEP and the VT Department of Taxes to learn about their upgrade of the Integrated Property Tax Management System (IPTMS). “The Department of Taxes, Division of Property Valuation and Review is implementing a new integrated system to collect the statewide education grand list and to manage the statewide education property tax system. The new solution will modernize the collection of municipal and education property tax, and will be a real-time, online system used by every municipality in the state.”
- From Concept to Ribbon Cutting, Brining Great Ideas to Life: A Peer-Learning Project Stewardship Workshop: (Virtual, March 2021, Date TBD)
- This workshop isn’t scheduled yet, but you can look at the blog announcing last year’s workshop to get an idea of what to expect.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sarah Lang, SVEP Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org