Hours Per Week: 8
Position Starts: TBD
End Date: TBD
Location: Brattleboro, VT
Baystate Financial is a full-service financial firm committed to helping people pursue their financial goals. We offer a wide range of financial products and services to individuals and business owners. Clients often look for business professionals who possess the analytical skills and the market foresight to help them design long range strategist for achieving financial security. Whether it’s planning for a college education, designing a retirement strategy, funding for a new business venture to protecting a family quality of life, you’ll play an integral role in shaping people’s most important life decisions.
With our internship, you can get a jump-start on your future. During your internship you’ll find out what it takes to be a financial advisor and develop sales, consulting and businesses development skills. You will be well positioned to enter the financial services industry.
Currently enrolled college student or recent college graduate who has studied business, finance, or other related major.
Skills, Attributes and Knowledge Desired:
- High degree of proficiency with all Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable programs a plus
- Experience related to the following areas; warehouse, supply chain, logistics, replenishment, process improvement, data analytics
- Data entry skills
- Ability to manage projects.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Educational / Professional Development Outcomes
During your time as an intern, you can expect a hands-on learning experience that builds the foundation for you to become a full-time advisor. You’ll also develop relationships and learn essential business skills which include:
- Prospecting/marketing/business development
- Setting appointments/meetings with prospective clients
- Client needs analysis/building financial plans
- Case design/recommendations/
monitoring financial strategies
- Expanding your personal and professional network
At Baystate we believe a structured training plan is the best format to build a solid foundation. During the internship you will exposed to a diverse training curriculum, including:
- Product and sales training — learning the 6 step sales process
- Joint sales work with experienced sales advisors
- Weekly coaching with your assigned mentor and sales manager
- In-house training with Baystate Financial product specialist
Apply through one of the application portals listed below. You will be asked to provide a resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to Scott Gordon-Macey, 441 West River Rd., Brattleboro, VT 05301.